Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Change

Originally posted March 20, 2007 on MySpace

 


Okay boys and girls, here's another life lesson brought to you by me!
Change is not an easy thing for some to deal with. We all know and accept the fact that change is a constant (okay, maybe not all of us per se). As human beings, we deal and adapt on a yearly, monthly, daily, and hourly basis. It is due to this simple fact of life greatness can be achieved and success can be reached. Although I am not currently changing the world, although we do with every new person we meet and interaction we partake in, I do feel that I am evolving. No, I have not found the cure for cancer (I'm so close though!) All I did was get a knew place of occupation.

We've all done it at least once. If not, get a job you lazy bum! I exited the United States Army and went back to the place of my previous employment prior to active duty service. The dry cleaners. The boss there is awesome, the pay sucks, and the environment is shit. I've had my opportunities to leave, yet never pursued them for fear of change. Come to think of it, this is most likely the same scenario for staying single. Change can be difficult.

I have finally broken through the chains of bondage fear of change has locked upon me (a little dramatic, huh? Hey, it's how I feel, so fuck off). I didn't get a job as a nuclear scientist or anything outrageous. No, I am now working at the Westin Kierland Resort and Spa on Greenway and Scottsdale Rd. I'll be a 'Service Express Attendant'...a bellman. Not the most exciting occupation to say the least, but the pros out way the cons, with room for moving up a major factor.

Perhaps the most important thing for me is the change of scenery. I now have a much more professional environment to work in. I have a new routine. God knows in time this routine will be a hassle and I will grow to dislike the drive u
p Scottsdale Rd. everyday. Or maybe it will be the opposite. I realize this now: Change is good. Watch out ladies.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers