Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Road Work

Originally posted September 27, 2007 on MySpace.

 
Life goals. We all had them as children, although they we much more optimistic and broad. I want to be a firefighter. An astronaut. A teacher. Whatever the goal of life was, it was within reach. As we grew older, the reality of life began to sink its teeth into the dreams we held. I find now that I am on the path not that I chose as a first grader, but the path that made sense. Sometimes the path of least resistance, sometimes the path that went awry, although meant with good intentions. Here we are. So what now?

To quote the greatest song of all time, "...there are two paths you can go by, but in the long run, there's still time to change the road your on." Not every path we are on is a negative one. In the same token, not every road leads to success, both professionally and as an individual. It is recognizing the roads that are in need of repair that allow us to better who and what we are. So where am I going with all of this? I recently wrote down life goals on a piece of paper. Yes, some we absurd. Life is not worth living, however, if you don't strive for the absurd. Others are attainable. It is just the matter of putting forth the effort, beginning the construction work on the road, to reach what is within grasp. Perhaps I just needed to write this to motivate my ass...or maybe to motivate you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers